Is it possible to whip up appetizer heaven in 5 minutes or less?
Thank the crowd pleasing, party hosting gods that it IS.
If you’ve ever invited people over last minute to ‘have a quick beverage’ we know how quickly that can escalate into a casual charcuterie board, a selection of bespoke mini tarts, and crusty bread still steaming from the bakery.
Allow this dangerously good, pleasingly-spicy whipped feta dip to save your day.
Harissa paste is my secret weapon when it comes to adding punchy, smoky flavour to anything from roasted veggies, marinades, eggs and dips. It’s extremely concentrated in flavour so just a pinch mixed up with some olive oil and lemon can bring your dish to heart-eyed territory.
This dip is:
decadently creamy and fluffy
like a gourmet cream cheese on crack.
If you’re like me you won’t need an occasion to slather it on some crusty bread with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 1 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2-4 teaspoons Harissa paste (depending on how you can take the heat)
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling if desired.
- salt and black pepper
- In a mini food processor or chopper, add all ingredients. Blend until nicely whipped, about 30-45 seconds. Taste and add more lemon juice or Harissa if desired.
- Serve immediately, or keep in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This can be easily prepped a head of time for a gathering and stored in the fridge until serving.