In stark contrast to 2016 Meredith, I rarely eat things just because they are healthy anymore….
1-Bowl Tahini Cashew Blondies
Want to know a real modern struggle? Having a sweet tooth and not loving to bake. Getting around to preparing any sort of sweet treat around my house usually goes a little something like this….
Scrolls through instagram feed, sees banana bread/brownie/chewy cookie recipe I cannot live without, makes long list of ingredients, gets home and wishes I stopped at the bakery instead….
Blaming on the the whole recipe-following thing. As a fairly intuitive cook, keeping my eyes peeled to a recipe to avoid disaster (and distaters do happen) doesn’t bode well with my rule-breaking brain.
But then blondie cravings happen. Can you blame me? Close your eyes and imagine the satisfaction of biting into the thickest, chewiest chocolate chip cookie around.
But wait, there is more. This blondie is dense with cashew butter and tahini, bringing a rich and nutty flavour to the party. Other surprise benefits? Oats blended into a fine oat flour, giving the dessert extra fibre and protein, meaning you (probably) won’t reach for more than a few.
Carve 30 minutes out of your day and make yourself the ultimate post-work snack to pair with icy cold almond milk. Dunking is encouraged.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup butter*
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (oats blended or processed into a fine flour)
- 1 egg, 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cups good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Flaky salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9x9 sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the brown sugar, cashew butter, tahini and butter. Use a spatula to cream together for about a minute, until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and continue stirring until well combined.
- Fold in the oat flour and chocolate chunks (reserving a small amount for the top) and mix until just incorporated. The dough should be a sticky, moist mound.
- Use your hands to transfer the dough to the lined sheet and press down in a flat layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate.
- Bake for 22-24 min, until a toothpick comes out clean (and chocolatey)
Mango Lime Sunshine Chia Pudding
Like a sassy hybrid between a chia pudding + a smoothie- this golden dream packs juicy mango, fresh ginger and lime. A combo of blended banana and hemp seeds make this dessert-for-breakfast stupidly creamy. …