When the urge for an oversized bowl of noodles hits, but your conscious tells you you should probably consume *something green*, this 30-minute miracle has your back.
It’s got slippery noodles, perfectly roasted broccoli, and the real hero – the curry peanut sauce.
This sauce! You live you life thinking you know peanut sauce, but then you add a hit of golden curry powder and everything changes.
why it’s delicious.
- The curry peanut sauce balances flavours of spicy, sweet, sour and umami – and brings enough punch to stand up to hearty kale and roasted broccoli.
- Wilting the greens in the warm noodles preserves some of their texture.
meal prep + make ahead.
- Roasted veggies, sauce and noodles can easily be scaled up and made-ahead.
- Keep the curry peanut sauce on the side and drizzle over after you reheat it.
- Crispy baked tofu was delicious (show here), but a crispy fried egg or even some roasted chicken would also go beautifully.
"Get Your Greens" Noodle Bowl w/ Curry Peanut Sauce
Curry Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter alt: almond butter, cashew butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar alt. apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tbsp tamari alt: soy, coco aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce optional
- 100 g mung bean noodles alt: soba, rice noodles or any grain
- 1 large head of brocccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups curly kale, thinly shredded alt: spinach or cabbage
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- baked tofu (shown) chicken or a fried egg
- green onions, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- crushed chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drizzle with sesame oil and add green. Toss well coat and wilt kale. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, add broccoli. Drizzle with a generous amount of oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 14-16 min, until tender and crisp.
Mix Curry Peanut Sauce
- In a medium bowl, add all curry peanut sauce ingredients and 3 tbsp warm water. Whisk well to combine. Add 1-3 tbsp more water to thin out as desired.
- Dive noodles among 2 bowls. Top with broccoli and your choice of protein (if using) Drizzle over curry peanut sauce. Sprinkle over green onions, sesame seeds and sriracha (optional).