Nothing says cool-me-the-heck-down like a summertime noodle salad.
If you’re like me and boycotting your oven in favour of more lake/tree/patio time, this deliciously-dressed soba salad will have you happily slurping noods’ in less than 25 minutes.
Just give yourself a minute to finely chop your favourite veg, blast your noodles in some hot water and whisk up the most addictive tamari-chili-lime dressing to hit everything with flavour.
CHILI LIME DRESSING
Everyone knows a salad is only as strong as its dressing.
Like a mad scientist and her chemicals, I sprung at the chance to experiment with Frontier Co-Op’s new line of organic spices to create a rocking chile-lime dressing.
One thing I noticed at first taste was the crazy freshness tucked into these pretty glass bottles. Coming from someone who has spent years scraping bulk bins for dust-scented seasonings- organic and consciously sourced spices are worth the investment.
With a simple base of fresh lime juice, tamari and raw honey, the punch from the crushed red chili peppers and garlic powder added a delicious dimension of flavour you’d expect from only fresh ingredients.
If you’re in the mood for something warm in your bowl, I can imagine the flavours would be emphasized with a blast of heat on the stove top.
Here’s to hoping you these zesty noodles cool down your day! Tag me on instagram and hashtag #SpiceUpSummer if you try them!
- 1 ripe red mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bundles of soba noodles (150 g)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Handful of snow peas (4 ounces), thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, torn
- 3 tbsp roasted unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds, optional
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Frontier Co-Op Organic Red Chili Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Frontier Co-Op Organic Garlic Powder
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When it reaches a boil, add the soba noodles. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until tender (or according to the directions on your noodle packaging) Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- While the noodles are cooking, add all of your dressing ingredients to a jar. Shake until a homogenous consistency is reached.
- Put all of your veggies and noodles in a large serving bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss well to coat everything.